Become part of the HSBC family
To get started, simply apply online for a Current Account. All the details you need are below.
Why join HSBC?
There are lots of great reasons for you to join us. Here are just a few of the benefits :
- With online and mobile banking, you can check your balance, pay bills and transfer money to friends
- Take advantage of a loan if you’re buying a home, a car or something
- Withdraw or deposit cash at one of our network of ATMs
- Our branches across the island and phone banking service are there to give you that helping hand when you need it
- Our international Visa debit card gives you access to your money at ATMs worldwide
- We offer savings and investment products as well as advice to help you make the most of your money
How do you apply?
What do I need for the application?
Before you start, it’s best to have the following to hand:
- a valid Identity Card or a passport
- if you’ve been living at your current address for less than a year, you’ll need your previous address
- your employment details
- your income details
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Country of tax residence
You’ll need to attach a photo or a scan of both sides of your ID Card. The easiest way to do this is to do the application on a mobile device.
If you don’t have a Maltese ID Card you’ll need to upload a photo or scan of your passport as well as a document proving your permanent residential address.
What do I need for the appointment?
Please bring the following original documents to your appointment:
Identification document (one of the following)
- a valid unexpired passport
- a valid unexpired driving licence
- a valid unexpired national or other government-issued identity card
- a valid unexpired residence card
If you don’t have any of the above, please bring an official document containing photographic evidence of your identity. These should be something which is recognised as a legal means of identification by the national law or EU.
What we will provide (once your application has been processed)
New to HSBC
Please note that you may opt to utilise our online application process by completing the form below. Due to significant demand, there may be potential delays in the processing of new applications, for which we apologise in advance. We commit to keeping you informed of the status of your application throughout the process.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff.
We recommend that you choose this option only if you’re opening a joint account. If you want to open an account in your name only, we recommend that you apply online.
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.