Become part of the HSBC family
To get started, simply apply online for a Current, Savings or Basic Bank Account. All the details you need are below.
Why join HSBC?
There are lots of great reasons for you to join us. Here are just a few of the benefits :
- With online and mobile banking, you can check your balance, pay bills and transfer money to friends
- Take advantage of a loan if you’re buying a home, a car or something
- Withdraw or deposit cash at one of our network of ATMs
- Our branches across the island and phone banking service are there to give you that helping hand when you need it
- Our international Visa debit card gives you access to your money at ATMs worldwide
- We offer savings and investment products as well as advice to help you make the most of your money*
*not applicable to Basic Bank Account holders
How do you apply?
It only takes a few minutes to complete our online form.
You’ll also have the chance to apply for an HSBC Advance or HSBC Premier account if you’re eligible.
After submitting your application please expect a call from one of our representatives. We will guide you as to what is required next to finalise your application.
What do I need for the application?
Before you start, it’s best to have the following to hand:
Second Verification Document
Document confirming link with Malta (not applicable to Maltese nationals)
Confirmation of Tax Residency
Kindly provide us with all the requested documents. If all documents are not attached to the application form, we may NOT be in a position to process the application.
These are generally all the documents we require for the opening of personal accounts, however there may be instances where we may be required to obtain further supporting documentation. If this is the case, we will inform you about this during or after our meeting.
What we will provide
- a current, savings or basic bank account
- an HSBC Visa International Debit card
- HSBC Online Banking & HSBC Mobile Banking (it is best that you bring your smartphone or tablet to your appointment)
- phone banking
It only takes a few minutes to apply online and become an HSBC customer.
Current or Savings account
This application is only intended for sole accounts. If you want to apply for a joint account, or qualify on a joint criteria under other propositions, namely Advance or Premier, you can ask for an appointment or visit your preferred branch.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff.
We recommend that you choose this option only if you’re opening a joint account. If you want to open an account in your name only, we recommend that you apply online.
Basic Bank Account
This account is only intended for sole customers who are legally resident in Malta or another EU Member State. Customers must not hold any accounts with other Banks in Malta. It is for personal use and offers a set of basic banking products and services. Customers may not avail themselves of other products and services such as overdrafts and other facilities.