Put your mind at rest with the Loan Protector Plan
Loan insurance is a simple and affordable way of paying off what's owed on your loan should you die during the term of the plan.
It helps provide the protection you need to get on with life, knowing that your family will be financially protected should the worst happen.
Single or Joint Life cover
Decreasing Term cover
Lump sum payable to settle the outstanding loan amount
How to apply
How it works
- The plan benefits are used to pay off the outstanding amount owed on the loan should the life assured pass away at any time during the term of the plan.
- Choose any level of cover from €11,600 up to a maximum of €5m (cumulative).
- This is a 'decreasing sum assured' policy - the sum it covers decreases every year in line with the repayment schedule of your loan. So if you keep your loan repayments up to date, the loan will be repaid in full in the event of a death claim.
- The sum assured will be paid to the policyholders, their legal heirs or the beneficiaries named in the plan.
- The plan is to be used as a security against a loan, in which case any claim benefit will pay off the outstanding loan amount and any additional money will be paid to either to the policyholders or their heirs at law or the beneficiaries designated by you in the plan.
- The plan can cover up to two people (joint life plan). The plan will pay out on the first death and will end. The plan can also cover the life of another person who is different from the policyholder.
Please refer to the Brochure and Key Features Document of this plan.
If you're not sure which products are right for you, please contact your local branch and one of our team will discuss your options with you.
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, the last thing you want is endless forms to complete. We aim to make the process of making a claim as quick and easy as possible so you can concentrate on what's important.
Please contact our claims team for support as soon as you can, quoting the policy number if possible. You'll have a dedicated Claim Manager who will provide a personalised service.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for life cover, you'll need to be:
- a Maltese citizen or a European Union citizen residing in Malta
- between 18 and 69 years of age
The policy term and your age next birthday must not add up to more than 75.
Apply in branch
Set up an appointment with one of our financial planning team.
Apply by phone
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries and regions, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.