Put your mind at rest with the Loan Protector Plan
Loan insurance is a simple and affordable way of paying off what's owed on your loan should you die during the term of the plan.
It helps provide the protection you need to get on with life, knowing that your family will be financially protected should the worst happen.
Single or Joint Life cover
Decreasing Term cover
Lump sum payable to settle the outstanding loan amount
How to apply
Get a quote
After completing the request form, a member of our team will be in touch directly to provide you with a free indicative life cover quote. This indicative quote is available for individual life cover only.
How it works
- The plan benefits are used to pay off the outstanding amount owed on the loan should the life assured pass away at any time during the term of the plan.
- Choose any level of cover from €11,600 up to a maximum of €5m (cumulative).
- This is a 'decreasing sum assured' policy - the sum it covers decreases every year in line with the repayment schedule of your loan. So if you keep your loan repayments up to date, the loan will be repaid in full in the event of a death claim.
- The sum assured will be paid to the policyholders, their legal heirs or the beneficiaries named in the plan.
- The plan is to be used as a security against a loan, in which case any claim benefit will pay off the outstanding loan amount and any additional money will be paid to either to the policyholders or their heirs at law or the beneficiaries designated by you in the plan.
- The plan can cover up to two people (joint life plan). The plan will pay out on the first death and will end. The plan can also cover the life of another person who is different from the policyholder.
Please refer to the Brochure and Key Features Document of this plan.
If you're not sure which products are right for you, please contact your local branch and one of our team will discuss your options with you.
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, the last thing you want is endless forms to complete. We aim to make the process of making a claim as quick and easy as possible so you can concentrate on what's important.
Please contact our claims team for support as soon as you can, quoting the policy number if possible. You'll have a dedicated Claim Manager who will provide a personalised service.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for life cover, you'll need to be:
- a Maltese citizen or a European Union citizen residing in Malta
- between 18 and 69 years of age
The policy term and your age next birthday must not add up to more than 75.
Get a quote
Get a free indicative quote.
After completing the request form, a member of our team will be in touch directly to provide you with an indicative life cover quote.
This indicative quote is available for individual life cover only. If you would like a quote on joint life, critical illness and/or permanent total or partial disability cover, please book an appointment with one of our financial advisors.
Apply in branch
Set up an appointment with one of our financial planning team.