Get peace of mind with the Personal Protector Plan
Make sure your loved ones are financially protected if the unexpected happens. Life cover pays a lump sum on your death to your spouse or partner, providing financial security when they need it the most.
Single or Joint Life cover
Level Term cover
Optional extra cover for Accidental Death Benefit, Critical Illness Benefit, Partial and Total Disability Benefit and Waiver of Premium
Lump sum payable on valid Life cover/Optional cover claim
A simple solution at a competitive price
How to apply
- The plan pays a fixed lump sum on the death of the life assured within a period of time known as the term of the plan.
- Choose any level of cover from €11,600 up to a maximum of €5m (cumulative).
- You can select additional benefits - Accidental Death, Critical Illness, Permanent Total or Partial Disability and Waiver of Premium - when you start your plan or on any future premium payment date, subject to underwriting by HSBC Life.
- You can use the policy as security against a loan, in which case any claim benefit will pay off the outstanding loan amount and any additional money will be paid to either to the policyholders or their heirs at law or the beneficiaries designated by you in the plan.
- If your circumstances change, you can increase or reduce the sum assured on the anniversary of the date you took out the policy.
- The plan can cover up to two people (joint life plan). The plan will pay out on the first death and will end. The plan can also cover the life of another person who is different from the policyholder.
Please refer to the Brochure and Key Features Document of this plan.
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, the last thing you want is endless forms to complete. We aim to make the process of making a claim as quick and easy as possible so you can concentrate on what's important.
Please contact our claims team for support as soon as you can, quoting the policy number if possible. You'll have a dedicated Claim Manager who will provide a personalised service.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for life cover, you'll need to be:
- a Maltese citizen or a European Union citizen residing in Malta
- between 18 and 69 years of age
The policy term and your age next birthday must not add up to more than 75.
Apply in branch
Set up an appointment with one of our financial planning team.
Apply by phone
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries and regions, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.