Perks at home and abroad
With the HSBC Mastercard Credit Card, you'll get:
- Accepted at over 30 million outlets worldwide and over 4,000 outlets in Malta and Gozo
- No need to write cheques or carry cash
- Effect payments overseas in Euro or in any foreign currency
- Spread the cost of larger purchases through monthly repayments
- Online authenticationMastercard Identity Check authentication system offers added security when you use your card online.
Things you should know
- Annual fee of €21.00 with no minimum balance requirements.
- Pay only €30.00 p.a. if you apply for both HSBC Mastercard Credit Card and HSBC Visa Credit Card (therefore paying a discounted fee of €9 p.a. on the second HSBC credit card)
- You may also apply for an additional card on your HSBC Mastercard Credit Card. You will incur no annual fee on the first additional card.
- Minimum monthly payment of €12 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is the highest
For recent changes to our Terms & Conditions, please refer here.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff, who would be delighted to help you.
Secure Online Transactions
Our cards use a one time password authentication system. Follow the link to learn more about this feature.
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries and regions, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.