Get set to go!
- Free contactless Visa international Debit card**
- Discounted fee on withdrawals from other banks' ATMs
- Free online banking**
- Free mobile banking**
** These services are free for all HSBC clients.
When you open your new Student Account with us, we'll give you €50* to welcome you on board. You will also be helping the environment as we will be planting a tree for every new Student Account opened.
How an HSBC Student Account can help you
- Competitive interest ratesWith HSBC Student, you get access to our current account which is easy to manage and earns you more interest than our normal savings account so you can make your money go that much further.
- Manage your money when you wantHSBC online banking allows you to manage most of your everyday transactions from your desktop or smartphone. It's safe, convenient and you can access your accounts anytime and anywhere, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Shop and withdraw cash by debit cardYour HSBC International Debit Card will let you pay for goods and services wherever you are in the world and get free cash withdrawals from any HSBC ATM worldwide.
- Preferential exchange ratesPlanning to go abroad? We’ve got you covered with preferential foreign exchange rates for up to €1200, and if you have any cash left over when you return, we’ll exchange that back to euros at a preferential rate as well.
For any lending facilities available to 18+ students, the stipend must be direct credited to their HSBC Student Account.
No stipend! No Problem.
Full time students who are not in receipt of a stipend will still qualify for an HSBC Student Account and for the student benefits, as long as an acceptance letter from the academic institution is provided confirming full time studies.
How to apply
Before you start the application, it is recommended that you have the following documents in hand, as you will need to submit them along with your application:
- a valid identification document (scan or photo of front and back)
- a photo clearly showing your face next to the identification document
- a second verification document, which can be one of the following:
- passport (scan or photo of the details page), or
- an email or letter from the school which includes your details, or
- a screenshot of your e-id home screen, or
- a communication (email or letter) which includes your details, from a government department (such as the education department) or the examination centre
If you are not in receipt of a stipend the school acceptance letter is to be presented when finalising the opening of the HSBC Student Account.
You can apply by filling in the online form.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff, who would be delighted to help you.
Online Savings Account
Discover our savings account solely accessible online that is easy to manage.