A lot of things are changing
- Free online banking
- Free mobile banking
- Free Visa International Debit Card
- Discounted fee on withdrawals from other banks’ ATMs
How an HSBC Student Account can help you
- Competitive interest ratesWith HSBC Student, you get access to our current account which is easy to manage and earns you more interest than our normal savings account so you can make your money go that much further.
- Manage your money when you wantHSBC online banking allows you to manage most of your everyday transactions from your desktop or smartphone. It's safe, convenient and you can access your accounts anytime and anywhere, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Shop and withdraw cash by debit cardYour HSBC International Debit Card will let you pay for goods and services wherever you are in the world and get free cash withdrawals from any HSBC ATM worldwide.
- Preferential exchange ratesPlanning to go abroad? We’ve got you covered with preferential foreign exchange rates for up to €1200, and if you have any cash left over when you return, we’ll exchange that back to euros at a preferential rate as well.
The HSBC Student package is available for:
- a full-time student, either Maltese or a foreign national, studying secondary or tertiary education in Malta
- aged between 13 and 25 years
- stipend must be credited directly into an HSBC Student Account
Student without a stipend
If you are a student but will not be receiving a stipend, you can still enjoy the convenience and flexibility of our Current Account.
How to apply
Before you start the application, it is recommended that you have the following documents in hand, as you will need to submit them along with your application:
- a valid identification document (scan or photo of front and back)
- a photo clearly showing your face next to the identification document
- a second verification document, which can be one of the following:
- passport (scan or photo of the details page), or
- an email or letter from the school which includes your details, or
- a screenshot of your e-id home screen, or
- a communication (email or letter) which includes your details, from a government department (such as the education department) or the examination centre
Once our branches are operating as normal, you will need to show your verification documents to us in person. We will be in touch to let you know when.
You can apply by filling in the online form.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff, who would be delighted to help you.
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.