Get the most out of your property
There’s always something that needs doing around the house. Whether you’re planning or thinking about buying new furniture for your home, a Personal Loan could help you get the most out of your property sooner rather than later.
And if you're an existing HSBC customer, you could get an instant decision.
Get a Personal Loan
- Fast decisionWe'll give you a quick reply to your loan request.
- Funds transferred the same dayIf approved, you will receive the money in your account straight away.
- Full amount financeYou may be able to borrow the full amount of your purchase.
When applying in branch
Interest rate and APRC:
6.99% Interest rate 7.3%* Total Cost (APRC)
Processing Fees - €0
*The Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) on a Personal Loan of €10,000, repayable over 7 years at a fixed borrowing rate of 6.99% per annum will be 7.3%.
The loan will be repayable in 83 equal monthly instalments of €151.38 and one final instalment of €149.20.
The total amount paid after 7 years will be €12,713.74.
The maximum amount you may borrow is subject to your financial status, and to further approval by your branch. 7 year repayment period applicable to all loans of €10,000 and over. All other loans repayable over a maximum period of 5 years. Terms and conditions may apply.
Maximum loan amount
- HSBC Premier customers may borrow up to a maximum**of €70,000
- HSBC Advance customers may borrow up to a maximum** of €50,000
- HSBC Personal Banking customers may borrow up to a maximum**of €50,000
**The maximum amount you may borrow is subject to your financial status, and to further approval by your branch. The loan amount will depend also on income, affordability and other criteria.
Your repayments can be spread over
- 6 months to 5 years for loans up to €9,999
- 6 months to 7 years for loans of €10,000 and over
Processing fees on unsecured personal loans
- HSBC Premier customers pay a processing fee of €0
- HSBC Advance customers pay a processing fee of €0
- HSBC Personal Banking customers pay a processing fee of €0
Early repayment fees
You will not pay any fees or additional interest if you repay your loan early.
When you apply to borrow money from us, we want to ensure that you will be able to meet your monthly repayments. We feel that it would not be in your best interest to take on a commitment which you may find difficult to manage. We will grant you a loan following an assessment on your financial position.
Wherever possible, your salary / income is to be credited directly to an account with HSBC from which loan repayments will be effected.
To apply for a personal loan you must be a resident of Malta, and aged 18 or over. Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Apply in branch
Alternatively, you can visit one of our branches, where our staff will be glad to give you further information and process your application.
At HSBC we're committed to supporting our customers through good times and bad. We understand that unexpected circumstances may impact your finances from time to time.
If you are concerned about your ability to meet your payment obligations with us, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible. We may be able to help.
Please send us an email on email@example.com if you would like to discuss your situation with a member of our team.