Manage your international finances with ease
If you hold Premier or Advance accounts in multiple countries and regions, you can link these accounts and move money between them with ease using the Global View and Global Transfers service.
|Link your accounts and move money now|
Why use this service?
- Easy and convinient24/7 access to your worldwide accounts through a single log on.
- Secure currency transfersMove up to USD100,000, or its equivalent in another currency from your linked accounts; the incoming daily limit is USD200,000. The exception are transfers from Malta to Brazil which have a daily cap of USD10,000.
- No or low transfer feesThe service is free for Premier customers and €5 for every transfer if you're an Advance customer.
- Real-time exchange ratesAvailable for most currencies.3
Things you should know
We haven't launched the service in all the countries and regions we operate yet. It's available in Australia, Bahrain, Bermuda, Brunei, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Jersey, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Vietnam, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, UAE, UK and US.
Transfer fees and times
Before you make a transfer, please check if it will be instant and if any fees apply. Transfers are usually instant for European Economic Area (EEA) currencies and US dollars, but it will take longer in countries and regions with onshore currency trading regulations.
How to use the service
To use Global View and Global Transfers, you must have online banking set up in the countries and regions where you hold Premier or Advance Accounts. You'll need to enter your log on details to link and move money between your accounts.
You should hold HSBC accounts in at least 2 eligible countries or regions and be registered for online banking in all the countries and regions where you hold accounts you want to link to the service.
Both these services are available via online banking, while Global View is also available through the HSBC Mobile Banking app.
Link your accounts
- Log on and select 'Add a country/region' in 'Global View'.
- Select the country/region to link to.
- Enter your log on details for that country/region.
- Accept our 'Terms and conditions'.
- View your linked accounts in 'Account overview'.
Move money between your accounts
- Log on and select 'Global Transfers'.
- Select the 'Transfer from' and 'Transfer to' country/region.
- Enter your log on details for the 'Transfer from' country/region.
- Enter the transfer details, eg account, currency, amount and date.
- Check your transfer details and press 'Confirm'.
Frequently asked questions
What exchange rates will apply?
How long will my transfer take?
Can I cancel a transfer?
Why can't I make my transfer?
What currency will my transfer be in?
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.