In order to keep your account secure and up to date, it's important that we always have your correct home and correspondence addresses on our files.
If you wish to change these details, you can do so quickly and easily via online banking or by visiting your local branch.
How to change your address with online banking
Your home address should be your main place of residence. To change it through our online banking platform, just log onto your account and follow these steps
Under the 'Services' menu, navigate to 'Manage your Profile' and select 'Update residential address'.
Enter the details of your new address in the template provided and click submit.
Send us proof of your new address, such as a utility bill or your updated ID card, to the email specified in the template. Please provide this to us at the earliest opportunity. You can also bring this proof of address to your local branch if this is more convenient for you.
Visit a branch
If you prefer to visit your nearest branch, a member of our team will be happy to help you. Please remember to bring ID with you so we can easily check who you are.
You will also be required to provide proof of residential address if this is not updated on your ID card.
Things to know
- If your new address is not yet updated on your ID card, the following documents can be accepted as proof of new address:
- a valid Residence Card (Maltese Resident Permit)
- correspondence from a Government authority/department/agency issued in the last 4 months
- an official account statement issued in the last 4 months by a bank/recognised credit institution
- utility bill issued in the last 4 months (fixed services only, for example water, electricity or a fixed telephone line)
- official Police Conduct issued in the last 4 months
- Changes will be affected upon the receipt and verification of the documentation. You will receive a secure message within 2 working days to confirm changes
If you hold a joint account, you will need to either:
- send us separate secure messages via online banking, or
- visit a branch together, or
- send us a letter duly signed by both parties to execute the change of address. These letters should be sent to:
HSBC Bank Malta
196 Triq ix-Xatt