In order to keep your account secure and up to date, it's important that we always have your correct home and correspondence addresses on our files.
If you wish to change these details, you can do so quickly and easily via online banking or by visiting your local branch.
How to change your address with online banking
Update your address over the phone
If you're registered for phone banking, you can call us to change your address. We'll just need to verify you and we'll also ask you to email us a copy of your updated ID card or proof of address, during the call. Please have these documents available before you call.
- Premier customers (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) +356 2148 9100
- Advance customers (08:00 -18:00 excluding Sundays and public holidays) +356 2148 9101
- Personal customers (08:00 - 16:00 excluding Sundays and public holidays) +356 2380 2380
- Business Customers (08:00 - 17:00 excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) +356 2380 8000
Visit a branch
If you prefer to visit your nearest branch, a member of our team will be happy to help you. Please remember to bring ID with you so we can easily check who you are.
You will also be required to provide proof of residential address if this is not updated on your ID card.
Things to know
- If your new address is not yet updated on your ID card, the following documents can be accepted as proof of new address:
- a valid Residence Card (Maltese Resident Permit)
- correspondence from a Government authority/department/agency issued in the last 4 months
- an official account statement issued in the last 4 months by a bank/recognised credit institution
- utility bill issued in the last 4 months (fixed services only, for example water, electricity or a fixed telephone line)
- official Police Conduct issued in the last 4 months
- Changes will be affected upon the receipt and verification of the documentation. You will receive a secure message within 2 working days to confirm changes
If you hold a joint account, you will need to either:
- send us separate secure messages via online banking, or
- visit a branch together, or
- send us a letter duly signed by both parties to execute the change of address. These letters should be sent to:
HSBC Bank Malta
196 Triq ix-Xatt