Guarantees to meet your personal needs
HSBC provides a number of guarantees for your personal needs. These guarantees may be issued to meet various regulatory requirements, including:
- building permits
- alterations to own property
- building restoration works
- purchase/redemption of residential ground rent
- customs requirements upon import of goods for personal use
Apply for a personal bank guarantee
Beneficiaries of these guarantees can include:
- Planning Authority
- Building Regulation Office (BRO)
- Registrar of Courts
- Commissioner of Land
- Comptroller of Customs
- Other local Government Owned entities and local councils
* The Bank may also allow evergreen guarantees against cash collateral in the applicant's name. These guarantees may be extended automatically for further periods of one year unless the bank decides to terminate it.
Our standard fees for issue of guarantees can be found on HSBC Bank Malta's General Tariff for Personal Banking Customers. Other terms and conditions may apply.
How to apply
Once the form has been received, we will contact you by the close of the next business day in order to inform you of any further requirements.