HSBC Foreign Currency Term Deposit Account
With the HSBC Foreign Currency Term Deposit Account, you will get:
- Offers a fixed rate of interest for a fixed period of time
- Your deposit must be kept in the account for the duration of the term
- Available in several international currencies
- Interest rates are higher on larger balances
- Minimum amount equivalent to €250
- Highly flexible choice of currencies and terms
- Rates which are in line with international market rates
HSBC customers can log on and apply by clicking on the button below.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff, who would be delighted to help you.
Things you should know
Before considering a foreign currency account check out the interest rates.
These reflect the rates that are available abroad in the home country of the currency. Also remember that the value of foreign currency may fluctuate against the euro and hence the equivalent of your capital amount may go up or down with the value of the currency.
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducements to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.