HSBC Premier Head Start Account
With the HSBC Premier Head Start Account you'll get:
- Best rates of interestThis means you will see your money grow more quickly. We will pay you interest and send you a statement annually, and we will not let you spend more than you have available so you will always know where you are.
- Range of benefitsDesigned to suit your financial needs at different stages in your life. Get the reassurance of a global safety net with our HSBC Premier Recognition Card when you register for our online banking service.
- Start saving any time you likeIf you get into the habit of saving from a young age, you will have more money to realise your dreams and ambitions later on.
- Free account opening abroadIf you are thinking of studying abroad, we will open a new bank account and have it ready for you when you arrive - and we will not charge you anything in the process.
Account features for every age range
With our Premier Head Start Account you will learn all about saving money. Anyone can put money into your account, so money you receive for birthdays, special occasions or pocket money can start earning interest straight away.
- With the Premier Head Start Account you will get a great rate of interest so the more you save, the more you will earn!
- You will receive statements every year so you can watch your savings grow
- Your parent / legal guardian will be able to access your account to make deposits and help you manage your money
- You will be given a Premier Recognition Card, giving you the reassurance of a global safety net
- You will be able to register for our online banking service where you will be able to view your account, but you will not be able to make payments or transfers
Aged 10 to 12
On top of all the features listed above, you will also be able to withdraw up to €20 per week from the branch where your account is held. If you need to withdraw more, your parents or legal guardians will have to sign with you.
Aged 13 to 15
On top of all the features listed above, you will be given an HSBC Premier VISA Debit Card subject to your parents / legal guardian's approval. This card will allow you to withdraw your weekly limit from any ATM in Malta and abroad. You can also have full access to your online banking service subject to your parents / legal guardian's approval.
Aged 16 to 25
You will enjoy all the features listed above, but you are now in control:
- Unlimited access to your account with us
- Your HSBC Premier VISA Debit Card allows you unlimited ATM withdrawals or payments from your account
- You will have full access to our online banking service
You are eligible for HSBC Premier Head Start Account if your parent / legal guardian is an HSBC Premier customer.
HSBC Premier benefits are completely free for eligible customers who:
- Have either €70,000 or above in savings or investments with us, or
- Credit their salary to their account with us subject to:
- a minimum net annual income of €50,000 if applying as a sole customer or
- a minimum net annual joint income of €75,000 if applying as a joint customer with a spouse or partner,
Not including money transferred from any other sole or joint personal account(s) you may hold with HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c.
Preferential rate applies up to a balance of €10,000. There is no limit on the amount that can be deposited in the Headstart a/c. Only one headstart account per child can be opened.
Approved and issued by HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c, (116, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1444). HSBC is a public limited company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and licensed to carry out the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap.371 of the Laws of Malta). HSBC is licensed to conduct investment services in terms of the Investment Services Act (Cap.370. of the Laws of Malta) and is enrolled as a Tied Insurance Intermediary for HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd under the Insurance Distribution Act (Cap. 487 of the Laws of Malta).
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.