Online shopping has become more convenient
We’ve teamed up with Visa® and Mastercard® to upgrade the way you shop online. The new system is just as secure but more convenient to use as you no longer need to register and remember a static password.
How the new Visa Secure®/Mastercard Identity Check® system works:
- Participating retailers will show the Visa Secure® and/or Mastercard Identity Check® logo.
- During payment you may see a message asking you to input a One Time Password (OTP).
- We’ll send the OTP in a text message to the mobile phone number we hold for you or in an email if we don’t have your mobile number.
- You need to enter the OTP and confirm the transaction.
- The transaction will be confirmed on correct entry of the OTP.
It’s never been more important to update your contact details
The new upgrade will only work effectively if we have an up-to-date mobile phone number and email address for your primary and supplementary cards. Please take a minute to make sure all your details are correct. If not, you may not be able to complete some online purchases.
Updating your contact details is easy. You can either:
- log on to online banking, choose Personal Details > Services > Update Personal Information
- call us on 2380 2380
- visit any of our branches
Stay safe online
How you can stay safe when you shop online:
- Make sure your device is protected – do you have anti–virus software installed plus the latest browser?
- Always log off after shopping online – especially if you’re on a shared computer.
- Look for a locked padlock symbol in the corner of your browser window, which means your information is secure.
The Site is primarily intended for those who access it from within Malta. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site or the information thereon complies with law or regulation of other countries, or is appropriate for use, in other places. You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside Malta.